Friday, March 3, 2017

Reflecting on Learning





Wow....wow....wow!!! That is all I can say when reflecting on what I can describe is the most enjoyable course plan I have had the privilege to be a part of.  To look back over the course of a year and a half of taking courses, gaining knowledge, very insightful and rich conversation with like minded professionals, has been a wonderful experience.  To hear the different scenarios and issues that others have faced and to be able to give a professional perspective to help your colleagues come up with appropriate solutions that are aligned with best practices is so rewarding.  The different courses that gave me so many different ways to look at cultural diversity in early childhood and to look at it from different aspects.  The Foundations in Early Childhood Studies course had me so excited for this program and to think that I am one more class away from being completed with this program. 

My hope for my future is to take what I have learned and gained and share it with those professionals who do not get the opportunity to be able to really see how implementing diversity is so essential in making sure they have a well rounded and inclusive early childhood program.  Being able to bring some current resources and best practice tools to the field is something that excites me and for the state I live in, having someone such as myself that can write up training modules and curriculum to present that I believe will be appreciated and reciprocated for our professionals is such a great feeling.  I am so ready to see what doors will open once I obtain this degree.

I would like to thank all of my colleagues and Dr. Bird-Pickens for such an enriching past 8 weeks. Some of the topics we discussed really took us to different places and situations that we could eventually come across but I feel confident that we are all able to look back, think on the lessons learned and take what we have gained and implement it effectively. I do wish all of you continued success in the future, I hope you continue to be blessed and highly favored and remember this, You can do all things through Christ that strengthens you..Philippians 4:13. A scripture that I live by everyday.

Sincerely,

Comesha Woods

3 comments:

  1. Comesha,

    Thank you for all the knowledge and stories you have shared over the past 8 weeks. I have enjoyed reading your posts and blogs throughout this course. I couldn't agree more with your hope for the future. To pass on what we have learned throughout this Master's program with other is so important. It is not enough that we make changes within ourselves, we must then as you stated share that knowledge so all children can be support by true anti-bias educators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comesha,
    It has been a true pleasure to work with and learn from you the past eight weeks. I know you have truly enriched my educational experience and I want to thank you for it. It is hard to believe how quickly not only the past eight weeks, but year and a half, has gone by. I am sure you will not only bless many children in the future with the knowledge you have gained, but also many adults as well. I find it wonderful you are wanting to write up training modules and curriculum to present to others. I am sure God is going to open some amazing doors for you to touch the lives of many children. Funny, as I write this to you, I am now seeing how God has already done this in my life. Thank you for helping me to see this in a better light:) I truly believe I can do all things with the strength of God and I know you do as well. God's blessings as you complete this journey and begin the next:)
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comesha,
    I have enjoyed reading your blogs and discussions throughout this course. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. My hope for the future is also to be able to implement everything I have gained throughout these 8 weeks as well as all my courses. I am so grateful that we all have made it this far! Thank you again, and I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete