Saturday, December 10, 2016

Creating Art

My art is quotes, I like to express encouragement and life lessons through words but sometimes others are able to use words that can better be expressed on how I want and need to use them. These quotes symbolize what this course has taught me and how important it is to make sure as professionals our children feel included and not discriminated against based on their backgrounds.
This quote reflects both of my daughters because my 12 year old is the Diva, she loves fashion, she is my extrovert and social butterfly and my 9 year old is my nonchalant child that is gifted and talented. People tend to describe her as a tomboy, I tell people she is not a tomboy she is just a girl who doesn't like dolls, dresses or frilly things, she likes basketball, animals and art. This class was a great help in giving me the knowledge helping me be able to have the words and self awareness on my own children and their own self identity and individuality.
This last quote expresses what we as professionals should remember about each and everyone of us and also how the children we work with should feel. No two people should ever be the same, that is not how we were made. Individuality is a very important thing and it is also a beautiful thing.  The world would be a dull place if we were all the same.  Making sure we embrace others beliefs, cultures and religions will make working with others so much more easier to do. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Comesha

    You are correct, no two people should ever be the same. I do not believe I have met two that was exactly the same but there are many that try to be like anther person. I do not understand when people try so hard to imitate another person. Everyone is unique and we need to understand this and also educate the children when they are young. I believe the more diverse classroom and the more the children are educated on the different cultures, the more children will accept others growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenifer,

      I do agree, children need to embrace their own individuality and professionals such as ourselves are part of that team of people that should set that example and teach them to love ones self.

      Delete
  2. Comesha,
    Great visualization! I love the quotes you picked about children watching us for a living and that the imitate everything we do. This is so true, children mimic what we do and you can learn so much about a childs home life just by watching them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie,

      The dramatic play area is one of the greatest centers implemented in a classroom. Children will imitate and play out their own lives just by giving them the materials to do so. I love watching children play in the dramatic play area, you learn so much.

      Delete
  3. Comesha,
    I just had to stop by and say "thank you" for all your support throughout our time here at Walden. It is nice to actually know someone who you are going to school with! :-) Thanks for sending me pictures of our resource chapter when I did not have the right book! You saved me! :-) I also love all the quotes you chose above!! My favorite has to be the one about looking with your heart instead of your eyes. LOVE this!! I'm still sad that we are no longer co-workers but we can always be friends! Good luck! You are awesome and I know you are going to continue to do amazing things for our state and the field of ECE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa,

      Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message. You are very welcome and thank you for being a support to me as well. It is such a comfort knowing I have you to reach out to and ask for advice or questions or just to vent to when I get frustrated or discouraged. You are not alone in the sadness you feel as I do to. We were such a great team and asset to our state, I just wish our state felt the same. But I do know that you are going to do so much where you are currently at and are going to make that place great.

      Delete