Saturday, September 3, 2016






If I had to choose anyone that I feel has effective communication skills would be my Grandmother.  My Grandmother has so much wisdom and knowledge that I value her opinion and anything she has to say. My Grandmother was a very intricate part in helping me get through my divorce.  My  Grandmother is what I would call old school, saved and sanctified and field with the holy spirit type of woman. In her days, her generation of women believed in making a marriage work, no matter what because the Bible said for better or worse.  So when I was going through my divorce I turned to my Grandmother because I needed that unbiased, nonjudgmental opinion on what I should do.  To my surprise, she listened she heard my side of things and she heard my ex-husbands side of things and at the end of everything her advice to me was you do what is best for you and your children. God is of love and love should not hurt and that I should not stay in a marriage that is not first based on a foundation with God as the head and two that didn't have love and trust.

My Grandmother raised me and she has always let me be who I am, no filter and all. She lets me express myself and be who I am no matter what. She and I can talk about pretty much anything, I do not feel like I can't say anything to her.  She has never judged me, no matter how good or bad my choices in my life have been.  I admire my Grandmother and respect her to the utmost.  I want to one day have the level of spirituality and knowledge she possesses.  Honestly, anyone who knows me and my family already say that I am just like my Grandmother so I guess I have already inherited a lot of her traits and communication is one of them.

All of my friends turn to me for advice and just to have someone to talk to because I do not judge and I do not force my thoughts and opinions on anyone. What I do is lend that listening ear and give my advice if it is asked for. In my opinion if everyone possessed the level of effective communication that my Grandmother has, there really wouldn't be a lot of racism and hatred in the world because everyone would respect others opinions without judging them.

4 comments:

  1. Comesha,
    As I’m reading your post it makes me love your grandmother. My grandmother is just like your grandmother. She is a God fearing woman that has a lot of wisdom. I hate that you went through a divorce but your grandmother is right when she says marriages should be based on a foundation with God. She sounds like a woman who is an effective communicator. Great Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comesha,
    What a wonderful relationship you have with your Grandmother. She sounds like a true gem and someone who is very wise. Thank you for sharing your relationship with us on here.
    meg
    meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandmother sounds like an awesome woman. A woman that I grew up with as my mother and grandmother are both God-fearing woman. Being a great listener is at the top of the list for a competent communicator. You don't want to talk to someone who cannot first listen to you. So glad you had her on your side to help you through your divorce. Thanks for sharing that personal side with us. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are welcome. I have found out that sharing experiences and things that I may have gone through and sharing how I overcame that obstacle can may one day help someone else. My Grandmother is the best and going home and spending time with her when I can always makes me feel so good and I leave there feeling like I can conquer the world!!!

    ReplyDelete