Saturday, August 20, 2016

When I Think of Research.....


There is so much to research and not enough time to truly learn everything there is to know. The vast amount of knowledge gained was well worth it though because there are so many things to consider before you can even begin your research. From deciding on what you want to know, to how you will design the research to worrying about ethics, equality, and the different methods of research kept me plenty busy these past 8 weeks.

I did learn that it takes more than just an idea to start a research project, it takes planning and knowing the first step to even get to the bottom of trying to gather the data.  I also learned that your topic and question can be to broad and I still even up until week 8 still haven't been able to narrow my question. This has been one of the most difficult parts of my research simulation. Everything else I have a good grasp on and understanding.

As an early childhood professional there are so many topics that can be researched and understood from different levels, there is just too much going on in our field that needs to be researched that it is a continuous, ongoing process. Knowing that there are other professionals, researchers interested in children and families helps me do my job better because the information being researched and presented in the field.




No comments:

Post a Comment