Friday, March 11, 2016

Relationship Reflection





Me with my two best friends Courtney and Theresa!!!
     These two women have become very special people in my life at different stages in my life. They each play an important role in that I can count on these two women for anything. We look out for each other and it is very rare and hard to find friendships/relationships such as this among females no less.






Having positive people in your life is very important to me. If the people you surround yourself with are positive and motivating and have the same goals you do you are able to maintain a level of peace within yourself and the people you surround yourself with. Having a team of same minded people helps keep you focused on the goals and paths you have set for yourself.

My best friend Courtney and I (top two pictures), met when we were both undergrads at the University of Central Oklahoma. We actually didn't know we went to the same college until I began working at the Sears retail store at the mall where she was already a current employee. Her very first impression of me was that I wasn't going to last long, just another chick that will start and quit in a few weeks. The funny thing is she actually left after a year of working together and I stayed longer than she did!!! LOL, we laugh about that to this day.  Our friendship grew out of nowhere, we would hangout all the time, confide in one another, were there for each other when no one else was and eventually our bond could not be broken.  She is the Godmother of both of my daughters and I consider her my sister from another mister.  She planned my first baby shower, was with me when my first daughter was born, would keep my daughter for me on the mornings I needed to go to class to finish my degree. She was with me through my very emotional divorce and in September of 2015 when I was hospitalized for having two mild heart attacks she was there everyday until I was discharged.

My best friend Theresa (bottom two pictures), we met 3 years ago when I started working at my current job. She and I instantly became friends. We had so much in common and to her, I was a breath of fresh air in a work place that did not hire a lot of diverse professionals. She and I shop together, go out to eat together, hangout and even will take weekend trips together. She was with me through my emotional divorce and my hospital stay as well.

These two women are different in so many ways but love me just the same. These two women are very important people in my life and without them I wouldn't know what to do. God blesses you with certain people and he blessed me with these two. I do not take the term friendship lightly. I have a lot of acquaintances but I can count on two fingers who are my true friends.







6 comments:

  1. Hello Comesha!

    When you have friends who show an genuine interest in your well being nd who you are as a person, those are the type of people you wnat to keep in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joannia,

      Those two ladies on my blog are God sent for sure. I don't know what I would do without them.

      Delete
  2. Hi Comesha! I agree that having good friends is important. It is always good to have a few really close friends that are more like family than a friend because you know you can depend on them when you really need them. I have always appreciated having positive friends who help motivate me to do my best and encourage me to achieve my goals no matter how difficult they may seem. I have one "best" friend and we have been friends for 30 years now. Our children call each other "aunt" and she is also the godmother to my children and I am to hers. Thanks for sharing.
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myra,

      My friend Courtney pictured above, we are more like sisters than best friends. Our children consider themselves cousins and they call me Auntie and my girls call her Auntie.

      Delete
  3. Having a best friend to be by your side is so important. I have my husband whom I confide in and he supports me in all I do. I also have a great (best) friend named Nicole and while I confine in my husband it is nice to chat with a girlfriend too. I can talk to Nicole about "girl" things that I could talk to my husband about but I like to hear her opinion and what is going on with her and experiences as a "girl".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,
      Even though I am divorced, my ex-husband and I are still friends and I can still confide in him and talk to him if I ever need to. Some people are confused because we are not angry and at each other's throats but we decided to be adults and build on a friendship that we had prior to our marriage, so I am thankful for that. I love that you and your husband are friends. I hope your friendship will always be that close. I believe that in a marriage being your spouses best friend is great.

      Delete