Thursday, February 18, 2016

When I think of Child Development?

I think of a whole new world from the perspective of a child. The reliving of seeing something for the first time and learning how children experience and see our world. When I think of child development I think of our future generation. I see another world growing. I think of how it is our job to foster and support the learning of children. When I think of child development I think of how we are children's life line to the world until they are able to navigate it for themselves. Child development is more than research and theory, it is learning from the children themselves. Watching how they grow and learn and how they are the greatest teachers for us to learn from. 

We can not stand by and be naive. We are living in times of division. We have to be more diligent as professionals to provide a culturally diverse curriculum and classroom environment. The United States is a melting pot full of wonderful potential. I will say it now and say it until I die, children are not born racist, children are taught racism. Children do not see color unless someone teaches them that the color of one's skin is bad.  

This quote is such a powerful statement to professionals who do not want to conform and change the way they teach. We have to understand that not all children learn the same. Being an intentional teacher in the classroom, only shows how great you are when you can make your classroom environment for your children and not for yourself.

It begins at birth. Parents are the first teachers in a child's life. Early Childhood Professionals are the next contributors to children's development. It is our job to work as a team to make sure our children have the best education and programs we have to offer. 

I am a firm believer that play is so essential to a child's learning and development. Children learn through play and teachers can use play to individualize their teaching. Extending learning through play is such a valuable tool to use in the classroom.

Be a positive example and role model. That is what I get from this quote. Children see your actions before they hear your words. 


6 comments:

  1. Hi Comesha,

    You have some wonderful and insightful quotes about children. They are so meaningful. These quotes are great for parents, caregivers, teachers, educators, and anyone who spend time with children. We have to be positive role models for children. Children are the future, and we need to teach them so they can be prepared. Great quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comesha,
    Thank you for sharing such powerful quotes. I enjoyed reading them as well as your commentary with them. I have enjoyed the discussions and information you have shared throughout this course.

    I wish you the best in the future. Stay passionate in what you do, you will make a difference to many young learners lives.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Comesha,
    I have looked forward to reading your posts very much in this class. You have a unique and refreshing perspective. I wish you all the best in your future!
    Thanks,
    Melissa Pulaski
    BA Ed, EHS Ed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your encouraging words. When I saw this blog assignment I was ecstatic. Once I started finding the quotes the words were just flowing through my fingers. It makes me feel so good that you all found value in my discussions and blogs. I do hope that I am making a difference in the lives of children and even another professional in the field. Taking this journey in my life by obtaining this degree has brought me so much insight from others perspective. We all make each other better by what we bring to the table. I do wish you all the best of luck in your future classes and in the field and hopefully we will run across each other again in future classes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Comesha!

    Thank you for sharing some very insightful information on the child development. I wish you the best on your journey of becoming a child care professional. Many Blessings and Good luck!

    ReplyDelete